Based in Los Angeles, Mr. Wright has held senior positions with Economics Research Associates. Grubb Ellis and Ernst & Young. He has an extensive background working with landowners, developers and designers, redevelopment agencies and other public asset and economic development organizations to conceptualize realistic development strategies and provide market and investment testing to ensure that visions can become reality.
His clients have included:
- Numerous California Redevelopment Agencies including: Los Angeles, Long Beach, Santa Monica, San Bernardino, Culver City, Santa Clarita, and Agoura Hills.
- Public asset management agencies such as the Los Angeles County Department of Beaches and Harbors, the Ports of Los Angeles and San Diego, and the U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Transportation agencies implementing TOD and site specific value capture strategies including the Los Angeles MTA, Oregon TRI-MET and the California High Speed Rail Authority.
- Institutional and private landowners seeking market validation and financial feasibility for master plan areas -- Cerritos Community College, Johns Hopkins University, the Sam Houston Racepark, AF Gilmore Company (Farmers Market / The Grove – Los Angeles). Santiago University New Town (Chile), Warner Springs Ranch Resort and the University of Southern California
- Property owners and public agencies seeking to attract new retail investment or revitalize existing properties including General Growth Company, Westfield, City of Carson, CA, Trotwood Regional Mall and City of Trotwood, OH. Tucker Investments (Channel Islands Shopping Center, Oxnard).
- Gaming and entertainment companies seeking to leverage company brands with existing land assets: Pinnacle Entertainment, Harrah’s Entertainment, Sony Development (Metreon), International Speedway Corporation / NASCAR.
- Government Agencies, private developers and established business seeking to validate the economic and fiscal effects of new development – City of Ventura, Port of San Diego, Orange County (CA), Cal State University Long Beach, Casden Development, Catellus, Playa Capita Corporation, Thomas Properties Group, Candy + Candy Development, , Kaiser Permanente, Douglas Aircraft
Mr. Wright received a Master of Urban and Regional Planning degree from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, and a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from the University of California, Los Angeles. He recently authored a chapter in the Urban Land Institute’s Retail Development Handbook and he has been a featured speaker at the California Redevelopment Association’s Redevelopment Institute, as well as the California Builders’ Association and the Reinventing Retail Conference sponsored by ULI.